-->
no
no

My sewing machine jammed!

2 comments
Have no fear! For the "unjammer" is here. Okay, that was rather corny, but when your sewing machine jams for the second time in the year, you get a bit desparate and not having a working sewing machine is like cold turkey! I thought about getting the repair man to fix it (that would cost about SGD50 inclusive of transport) and even getting a new one which would cost me at least SGD400.

The important thing about sewing machines is that they must be CLEANED and OILED regularly.  I think that means every six months for someone like me. If you don't clean it, all the fluff from your sewing will jam the machine. Sometimes you can't see the fluff, but it's there. 

All sewing machines come with a little brush and a small tube of oil. Use can also use a soft cloth or tooth pick (don't use a cotton bud as it leaves fluff) to clean out gunk too.  Faithfully follow the instructions in the maintenance section of your instruction manual.  I must stress the word faithfully because I missed a step and I still couldn't unjam my machine. I only cleaned and oiled the bobbin and bobbin case, and was lazy to do the same with the feed-dog. Turns out there was fluff in the teeth of the feed-dog.  Don't sew immediately or else you'll end up with oil patches on your fabric. Also, change your needle to a new one as the needle may have been damaged when your machine jammed! Anyway, I hope you find the pics useful :-)  Happy sewing!

1. Unscrew & remove platform  2. Use brush to defluff teeth
3. Remove bobbin; dismantle bobbin case (to dismantle turn the levers at arrow 3)
[use brush to defluff all parts, use a soft cloth too! Oil at arrow 7 and 6.]

The platform and teeth


Bobbin case


Bobbin parts

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. I learned the hard way, and now oil my machine regularly! In fact, probably once a week. There is nothing so frustrating as a sewing machine acting up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful place It It has definitely useful IN ADDITION TO progressive keep all of us put up in fresh revisions. It has valuable. get pleasure from It a deal.
    https://patch.com/new-york/patchogue/choosing-quilting-sewing-machine-thats-right-you

    ReplyDelete

no
no