-->
no
no

From dull black dress to....

6 comments
a black dress with a bit more colour!  


The after!!


The before....


Do you recognise the before? It's actually from another reconstruction where I added lace trimming and made a v-neck out of a boat-necked dress. Gosh, that was a while back.  I've now sewn on teal and black ribbon.   I was thinking of doing a "fake" bandeau dress that you see on television using the black ribbon, but I've had enough just a black dress and I need some colour!!





I wish I had a fabric glue stick because it took an awfully long time to sew the ribbon on and make sure it wasn't wonky!!

Hubby said any further to the right and
the cross would make me a moving target!
The things men say!!!

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

6 comments

  1. Lovely idea! amazing the difference some ribbon can make!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jill! Looking forward to wearing it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post.. This looks awesome.Love it...Great Blog you have here, .I'm officially following ya with smiles..
    ps:I also wanted to know if you would like to join in on my project..? Project PINK.. Painting the blog world PINK for a day.. Breast Cancer Awareness on Oct 3oth..!! Over 40 blogs so far are in.. Please check it out - it'll mean SO MUCH to me.. Wishing you a lovely week..http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/paint-your-blog-pink-awareness-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a transformation and such a cute dress now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies!
    @Marilyn - will pop over your blog to have a look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing how a bit of ribbon can add so much pizzazz! great job! :) lisa

    ReplyDelete

no
no