-->
no
no

Creating Success Around the World - My Thrifty Closet

6 comments




Welcome to the March edition of Creating Success Around the World, and thanks again to Jill from Creating My Way to Success for inviting me to be the Asian host this month! There will be features from all corners of the globe.  Just click on the buttons below to see who is being interviewed, and don't forget to link-up and grab a button!







My first interview is with fellow Singaporean, Mongs from My Thrifty Closet




Hello! I'm Mongs from My Thrifty Closet. First of all, I would like to thank Agy for this opportunity to be featured at her blog. I enjoy reading Agy's posts on green issues and how she recycles materials to create pretty items. I admire Agy's noble vision and goals to keep this earth clean and green.


Agy has some questions for My Thrifty Closet so here they are:


What do you recycle / upcycle ?

I recycle mostly clothes, shoes, accessories, and furniture. I get a lot of hand-me-downs because my friends know that I like to recycle. I upcycle a lot of clothes and accessories by refashioning them into things that suit my style. For example, an oversized dress got trimmed and altered, or a keychain got refashioned into a necklace.


What inspired you to start recycling /upcycling?
I am a Christian stay at home mother and I subscribe to biblical values that teach us to be resourceful and frugal and be contented with what we have. So God is my inspiration. He gives me creativity.

I try to be as frugal as I can be by recycling hand-me-down clothes and thrift whenever possible. So in some ways I am cutting down on waste and landfills. I remember my mom and granny always saying to me when I was younger," Don't waste food, don't waste things..." So this value is deeply embedded in my life. As for upcycling, it's a hobby turned into a passion. There's a lot of satisfaction when I turn a piece of "trash" into something I can use.

Do you sell your creations? (If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?)
Not yet. I hope to in the future when time permits.

What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?
I learnt that some clothes should be left untouched and in it's vintage glory. Once I tried to refashion a piece of vintage blouse and end up damaging the fabric so it ended up in the bin. My heart still aches every time I think of it.

What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?
To me, success is living out my role as a follower of Christ, a wife, a mother and a friend (in that order). Everything else is secondary. I think I am on my way but not quite there yet!


 
So what's next?
On a personal note, I hope to take my skills further by creating things that are good enough to sell. And to continue blogging and sharing my passion in thrift, refashioning and crafting. Other than that, I want to be a good wife and mother!

Thank you for reading this post! And many thanks to Agy for your generosity and kindness in allowing me to share my thoughts!

A big thank you to you too, Mongs! And thank you for your lovely comments. I love looking at the refashions and thrifty finds on your blog. I hope to see more of your creative ideas! :-)




Creating my way to Sucess





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

6 comments

  1. Thank you Agy! I have already added your button to my blog links

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mongs! It was a pleasure interviewing you :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for introducing us to Mongs! She looks like she has some great refashions there! I'm going over to her blog now to look around!


    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying all the interviews I'm reading on the Creating Success Around the World Blog Hop. Really cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love Mongs' blog and will check out yours now as well.

    http://doingmemindbodyandspirit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview Agy. I recently discovered My Thrify Cupboard, the refashions are wonderful and Mongs is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

no
no