-->
no
no

Greeny Crafters 11 - Queenlicy

2 comments

My Photo 

I always get excited when I find other refashionistas in Singapore.  It was really difficult at first (or maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, hee), but the first was the adorable Mongs of My Thrifty Closet which I featured recently, and now it's Amanda of Queenlicy!


Amanda is a housewife who hails from Indonesia but has been in Singapore for 3 years with her hubby. Amanda loves Singapore and says that she is "happy to stay here. Here is much better than my country, more clean, comfortable, organized and no traffic jam." [Here, here! I definitely agree with you on that :-) ]


What else do we know about Amanda? On most days I stay at home to take care my baby and doing housework. I have a son who is 18 month old. My hobbies are swimming, reading books, cooking, shopping and making things. I love to buy a novel and shopping for clothes, shoes ang bags. I also love to sing but only in the bathroom, my sisters said my voice make them headache lol  [Amanda, just wait until they hear my son sing ! :-p]


Amanda has no formal sewing training but learnt it on Youtube as soon as she could get hold of a sewing machine. She started with resizing clothes and the progressed to making new ones. Amanda admits that things were difficult at first, often resulting in failures, but she ended up successfully making a dress.

  

How did she start refashioning? It all started with a lot of her hubby's old clothes that were still in good condition. She refashioned them into nice clothes for herself and her son, saving money in the process.  Her hubby was very supportive (I like supportive partners!) and said she was creative.  Amanda says "I mostly work with t-shirt, cotton, polyester, chiffon, felt, lace, ribbon. Sometimes I like buy a few pieces of plain T-shirt then turn it into a more beautiful. Sometimes I make it a dress, or add details such as flowers, lace, button, ribbon, ruffle and ribbons.  Every time I go back to Indonesia, I always buy yards of fabric because the price is very cheap. In addition, I also like vintage clotches. My grandmother had a lot of vintage clothes and I did refashion with these clothes."  Amanda gets her ideas from blogs, stores and magazines.

Let's take a look at her refashions!
Tank top to dress! I'm loving the colours and the detail on the tank!
 

Amanda's always vintage dress refashioned from her granny's :-)  It's great to have something passed down to you from someone you love dearly.

 


Thank you for taking part! We look forward to seeing more of your creations, Amanda!! 

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. Thanks for introducing us to Amanda, she is a fabulous refashionista!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Agy,
    Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

no
no