-->
no
no

Nominated for an Award!!

1 comment
I've never been given an award but Caroline from Sewing for Utange, nominated me for the 7x7 Award - thank you, Caroline! Not sure what this means, but I thought I'd give it a try and pass it on to others! Okay, onto the questions - I have to share 7 things about myself, share 7 things about my blog and nominate 7 others ! 

Share 7 things about yourself:
  1. I have a little boy who is growing up so fast that I really hope he stays cute and bubbly (although I doubt that will happen!)
  2. I love to cook - my best dish (according to my hubby and son) is soya sauce chicken. Yum! 
  3. I try to craft at least two things a month and it's only during the weekends that I get to do them as I work crazy hours (crazy meaning having to logon at home at night to do work stuff, or being called by the boss to do xyz) during the week.
  4. Always dreaming about touring the European continent and the US - need to save up loads!
  5. Love to read - faves are Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South, and J. Austen's Pride & Prejudice. Also the Chinese novel, Romance of the Sword & Book.
  6. Really want to learn how to upcycle furniture but apprehensive about starting and not finishing it.
  7. Always reminding myself not to be an impatient mum / wife :-p



Share 7 of your blog posts that fit the following categories


Photobucket

  1. Most Beautiful ~ I think it would have to be my polka dot shorts!! They're for chilling out on the beach and they make me smile :-)
  2. Most Helpful ~ I did a tutorial on how to make a pair of shorts for toddlers from an old dress, and then how to make them bigger at the top when he grew out of them!
  3. Most Popular ~ Looking at the number of views, it's my DIY Christmas Tree made from clothes hangers. I didn't expect it to be so popular.
  4. Most Controversial ~ Probably when I gave my views that perhaps Singapore is greenwashing.  I think some folks didn't like that post!
  5. Most Surprisingly Successful ~ Chinese New Year decorations! I was apprehensive about doing it but in the end it turned out okay. I also like how it can be stored in my wardrobe (ditto - DIY Christmas Tree!)          
  6. Most Underrated ~ When I stuck lace on my old wedding shoes four years ago and all my friends thought it was wierd - well, look what's happening with lace now !! Unfortunately, I didn't do a tute but you can see the before and after in the pic below.
  7. Most Pride Worthy ~ The frugal board game my son and I come up with the old calendars - he doesn't get bored although I'm not sure if he'll still be doing them with me when he gets older! I'm cherishing the moments with him now :-)
 


Lastly, nominate 7 other bloggers for the 7 x 7 award:
This is difficult because I love all the blogs I read. Here goes (in random order!):
  1. Meaningful Mama - Mama Jodi gives lots of useful tips for mamas.
  2. Recycled Fashion - Lovely blog with not only refashioning tips, but how to thrift and be an ethical fashiong shopper!
  3. The Tropical Sewist - I'm amazed by this lady's sewing skills. She makes me jealous, but in a good way. Hee hee.
  4. Red Ted Art - lots of inspiration for kids' crafts.
  5. Little Green Blog - I love browsing this blog for green tips and environmental issues.
  6. Outsapop - I adore this blog because Outi is like a refashion maven. 
  7. Living Vegan - I'm not a full vegetarian, or vegan but I love to hop over to this blog to see what dishes I can make and where I can get my veggy fix. 



author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

1 comment

  1. nice to know you better. I am also trying to be a more patient mom. And yes I also want to do try refashioning furniture. I am going to get a hand-me-down chest of drawers next week. Let's see if I have the time to paint it.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no