-->
no
no

Lanyard Crazy - Ways to Reuse Your Lanyards!

6 comments

Last week I asked for suggestions on how to reuse the lanyards you always get when attending conferences or exhibitions.  They come in different colours and material - ribbon, cord and even  shoe-lace type of material.  It's such a waste to throw them away.  Here are a few great suggestions from my readers:



a) KJ of Let's go fly a kite suggested using them as selvedges and not forgetting to save all the hardware that comes with the lanyards for zipper pulls, key fobs/key chains! :-)
b) Mezzy of Recycled, Repurposed, Renewed suggested sewing them together to make a belt
c) Nueyer from Angelhearts Crafts  says she reuses them and DIYs her own name cards
d) Terriea of TerrieKwong uses them as bag straps if they're thick enough!

Other suggestions were camera straps, sewing them together to make place mats, roses and even being straps on old flip flops!  Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions.  

Here are some pics of what I made - actually I made a lot of things, but they are useful to me so I'm happy :-)  I would like to thank my good friends, ML, J and MA for donating their old lanyards from the office - hugs to all of you!



One lanyard came with two clips so it came in handy as a water bottle holder and a camera strap after a quick revamp with lace! 




Turn them into key chains - I painted them and wrapped them in black lace (scraps from my specs case to clutch project)



Some lanyards are made of ribbon.  These are perfect for making bookmarks!

I also made two necklaces.....



A weaved necklace inspired by blogalacart's Utility Cord Bangle. I weaved in 2 old lanyards, lace and a chain.




Here's a tribal necklace made from old lanyards, wire and embroidery thread. I reused the rings of the old lanyards :-)  This one is inspired by Make It & Fake It's version of the tribal necklace.  [update: I've put a tutorial here!]

It's definitely been a very fruitful week!   What have you been recycling or upcycling this week? :-)

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

6 comments

  1. Great post Agy, i especially like the weaved one with lace and chain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Far for your sweet comment. I like it too. I'm really happy with the way it turned out :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the look of these and the ideas are clever, thank you for this post! Now I'm rushing to Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. I enjoyed making them and love using them too :-)

      Delete
  3. Great work Agy - some fabulous ideas there!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these ideas! Hubby just came home with 100+ from conferences, meetings, etc. that he has collected over the years. LOVE the bookmark idea! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

no
no