-->
no
no

Fix It Friday - She Made Hashbrowns

7 comments
Last Sunday was the third session of Repair Kopitiam at Blk 425 Jurong West Avenue 1. I was at the first session; you might remember the post I had written. Well, last Sunday was completely different, and for the better too!

It was Crowded
I believe most of the participants were there more for the company than for the repair, but this community spirit will definitely foster care and value for possessions. By being there, the participants showed they cared, and slowly I believe they will have the opportunity to share or learn a repair technique. 

There Were Repeat Participants
One family had participated at every session. My friend told me that they had come down to repair their air fryer at the first session. Last Sunday, they used their fixed air fryer to make hash browns for the whole team. We did not expect such generosity, and it was very heartening to see it.


Image: Repair Kopitiam

These adorable sisters came down to repair their torn dress, and even wanted to hone the sewing skills they had learnt at the previous session. They spent their whole afternoon at the Repair Kopitiam.


Image: Repair Kopitiam

Some Stayed the Whole Day!

Some participants stayed from 10am until finishing time! This lady spent her Sunday at Repair Kopitiam repairing the lining of her backpack. She was extremely patient and meticulous, and did a great job!

Relining her bag!

Image: Repair Kopitiam

What Happens Next?
So now that we won't be at Blk 425 in the near future, what happens next? Will the community at Blk 425 hold their own repair cafe? 


Fix It Friday

Fix It Friday is happening on 24 April (7pm) at the Prototyping Lab. We will be looking at holes. Sign up at http://bitly.com/1KDKgcl



Linking to
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

7 comments

  1. That sounds awesome! I am pretty sure you get the chance to learn a lot and get to know many people though such events. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you found your way here to Fridays Blog booster party, despite the link problem. This is very interesting, I had not really heard of it before. It sounds like you are doing a huge service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I'm a little envious and wish I could come along. I wish there was something similar near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella, you can start off one where you live!

      Delete
  4. That is a great idea! It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great event and community. I too, wish we had something like this over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can start off one in your country!

      Delete

no
no