-->
no
no

Fabric Origami Embellishments - Workshop

8 comments
Fabric Origami Embellishments - Workshop
One of the basic techniques of making is folding - folding paper, folding textiles or even folding plastic. I've been experimenting with folds, and my initial inspiration came from two talented ladies from Hong Kong, Phoebe and Kar, who run Stitch Paperie and Knot, respectively.

"Stitch Paperie" is a lifestyle brand focused on using paper as a design element. It is devoted to merging traditional embroidery art into innovative designs and creations. "Knot" is a fashion brand of parentage clothing which is focused on womenswear and kids wear.

Both ladies came together to offer origami embellished clothing, and have shared it as a good way of enhancing garments. 


"I like exploring new games with my son,  especially enjoy old/traditional stuffs/ games. ……I want my sons to be curious on things around, not only focus on digital media things, ....I was brainstorming for new ideas and came up withthe idea of using fabric to replace paper to do the origami animals."  Kar

"We are interested in all the things about paper, especially origami, it simple and fun, which give children as well as adults imaginative; we are happy to found our friend Knot actually did this,  so we invited her to have workshop in our shop, and apply more interesting stitching techniques on it and introduce to our friends" Phoebe

Phoebe and Kar encouraged me try out my own origami embellishments, and it has been very satisfying.  This is what I got. 

origami embellishments

Join me at Earthfest Singapore

I will be sharing how to at Earthfest Singapore. Do drop by on 26 Sept, 11am - 330pm, Marina Barrage. I will be at the Maker  Faire space!




author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

8 comments

  1. Oh Agy, I do with I could come! I'm fascinated by fabric origami! For your crane did you use stiffened fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. My daughter is just getting into origami. She's only done paper so far, but I'll have to show her this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That fabric origami is great! I wish I lived there and could attend. Your so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this, Agy! I can't do origami but one of my kids had a kit and made all kinds of things. I've never seen it done with fabric before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Agatha. I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award. I hope you’ll accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been envisioning a dress with a pinwheel type embellishment for awhile. i hadn't thought of the button for the middle. i think i am set now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pretty!! I find fabric origami way more challenging because you have to find a way to make it stay, yet don't want to show any ugly stitches. Here's my butterfly origami i made some time back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I really like the idea :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

no
no