-->
no
no

Sustainable Fashion Awareness - Connected Threads Asia

13 comments
Sustainable Fashion Awareness - Connected Threads Asia
I haven't been posting as many DIY upcycling tutorials as I would like to lately. This is because I've been busy with a friend, Raye Padit, organising awareness events about sustainable fashion, and really thinking about my next move in life (okay, that sounds drastic, but more on that in a later blog post!). 

It's been a very exciting journey for us - the idea was mooted during a casual conversation a year ago, well actually at the "A Darn Good Mending Cafe" at Mini Maker Faire.  A few questions came to mind:

1. Why don't people make eco friendly fashion choices?
2. Why don't people consume only when needed?
3. Why don't more fashion designers help grow a sustainable fashion industry?
4. Why is Singapore not catching up in the sustainable fashion industry?

One year (and many conversations later), we decided to set up a "for purpose organisation" , Connected Threads Asia, a platform for all stakeholders of the fashion industry to come together and get the conversation going on how to make Singapore's fashion industry a sustainable one. The organisation will also be the country coordinator for Fashion Revolution Singapore. 

I am really excited and very hopeful for this movement to grow - I must say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog over the past 8 years too.  I don't think I would be sitting here writing about this without your support. 

Our first official event (and launch!) will be on 23 October (7pm) with the Singapore premiere of award winning documentary, Cotton Road, followed by a panel discussion with industry experts. 

If you live in Singapore, I do hope you can make it and take part in the discussion. It would be lovely to see everyone.


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

13 comments

  1. Honestly, Agy, I don't think most people have a clue about sustainable fashion. It's certainly not anything I was aware of or thought about before I started reading your stuff. So you are doing something important by writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie, Your words mean a lot! :-)

      Delete
  2. I admire your work in doing something to make a difference in the world. Good luck with your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good point that the fashion industry is behind in becoming sustainable. It's time that they too crack down on their practices along with many other industries in order to provide a healthier earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love that you are bringing awareness to this issue. We have cut down on the clothes that we are buying at our house, and it's been easier to keep the house clean, better on the budget, and our kids are still dressed every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your platform; I consider some of my practices green, but am certainly not concerned enough to take measures beyond the basics. Sustainable fashion is a ground-breaking concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know idea about sustainable fashion I am learning so much from reading your blog. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a whole world opening in front of me these days about life, eco-system, preservation. I'm almost feel like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.
    Thank you so much for sharing so much about awareness, Agatha. You do a really beautiful work!
    Please let us know how the event went afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea....good luck to you!
    #debbieinshape

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learn something new from you every time I visit, Agy. You are doing great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Agy, this is HUGE! How awesome that you're making this happen! I'm bursting with excitement for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a huge event to bring together. All the best Agy I hope many people and companies support it.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

no
no