-->
no
no

Starting Afresh

15 comments
Starting Afresh
2015 was the year that I found a new calling - I set up Connected Threads Asia with my good friend. [Pssst - do follow us for any event updates!] It felt amazing to start a new community initiative, but then at the same time, I could see I was getting so carried away with my workshops and talks that my making journey was falling through the cracks.

2016 will be about being persistent with new techniques I enjoy working with, and definitely more making. Making things makes me feel happy and it gives me a sense of calm. 

It doesn't mean discontinuing what I'm doing now. It just means:
#1 managing my time a little bit better
#2 being better at jotting down my ideas
#3 being consistent

2016 will be about FLOURISHING.
Here's a little bit of what I've been doing over the past few months. I was inspired by my earlier weaving projects and sashiko work to make my own loom and weave fabric scraps.


I love this technique. It's Sakiori and it's still upcycling/repurposing. Find out more in my next post, but let me know what you think!

Sakiori weaving

weaving loom






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

15 comments

  1. Life always seems to throw stuff in the path of creating and we find ourselves deviating away. I too plan to refocus this year on getting in some creating. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Agy. You've achieved so much over the last year with your Connected Threads project - I love reading about what you're up to with that - and what you're creating too. Your weaving looks beautiful! It's always good to find time to create things just for yourself too! Here's to a fabulous 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing more about your weaving, Agy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! Congratulations on the new community you started with you friend. Wishing you a great 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - Love that little purse! AND I hope you have a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agy, I am so happy for you that you get to do what you love and create projects that inspire. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember doing this when I was smaller!! Those memories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left a career of teaching because I was so drained of energy that I didn't create anything. I love to paint, bead jewelry, and do other fun projects. Now I am a blogger who creates recipes and trying to make a living at it. As long as I am creating, I am happy and fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love the woven stool! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

no
no